Joining and Membership
Registration in United States Masters Swimming and the Colorado Masters Swimming Association is based upon a calendar year (not from the time you register). Registration fees are $50 (January 1-December 31). The registration period for each calendar year starts on November 1, with memberships expiring on December 31 of the following year (14 months). Your membership in USMS/COMSA includes:
- SWIMMER magazine, the official publication of United States Masters Swimming. Content is directly related to all areas of swimming for adults.
- The Master Splash newsletter, the official publication of COMSA, announces local swimming related events.
- Secondary insurance coverage, which covers all workouts and events where all participants are USMS registered.
- Opportunity to participate in local, national and international competitions as well as open water swims, and clinics.
- See more COMSA/USMS benefits.
Swim Clubs and Workout Groups
All members must sign up with a national swim club (Colorado Masters, Air Force Masters, Wyoming Masters, Cheyenne Mountain Masters or Unattached). Within each national swim club (e.g., Colorado Masters Swim Club) are a number of local workout groups, which its members identify with a local swim group. If you register Unattached you will not be elligible to participate on relays at any USMS sanctioned event.
Late Year Registrations
For those who would like to join the Colorado Masters Swimming Association in September or October in any year, we offer a late year registration. This membership expires in December, as do all memberships in United States Masters Swimming. Please use the registration form found at the right for late year registrations as well as full year registrations. Depending upon when you register will determine when you will receive a copy of SWIMMER magazine.